Monday 14 September 2009

KRISISDnB V3 launches on 26th September

KRISISDnB V3 launches on 26th September with a new logo, new design, and a load of new features. Its taken around 6months to get to the stage its at right now and theres still a lot to do in the next 2 weeks to get it in a state where its ready to launch.

The main task now is to work out the schedule of what is left to be converted and whether it can be converted at all or will simply be put in an 'archive' area for read only access. The first 2 and a bit years have been a rollercoaster of a ride for the station, and NeO and myself have learned so much in terms of web design and how to make things work. This means that the current V2 site has so much in it making this move a massive task. Fair play to NeO for doing most of the work on V3, he has done a good job. He knows I moan about everything I dont like or think should be done better, but I see that as one of my roles on the website. As I tend to look after more of the operational side of the station then I see a lot of things that he may not do. Im the one who has to solve individual DJs show problems, whether its there setup to get them live, or silly things like setting the show title right. So much for being just a DJ myself !!!

With the launch on the 26th September, it means my other role kicks in to organise another special show on the station. Weve picked Sunday 27th September for this as there is bound to be issues on the day we launch the site. My plan for a special is really to keep the lineup as fresh as I can from the last special show, and this time is no exception. The first DJ I asked to come down is not only one of our new artists to the station, but also the head honcho of Dreadnought Records. DJ Selecta has been linked with KRISIS since early in 2009 when Josh (DJ Highroller) came over from Australia to take part in one of our events in Portsmouth. Selects came along with him to the event and since then has done random shows on the station until finally a few weeks ago we managed to get him a permanent slot to showcase all the latest Dreadnought Records releases as well as their forthcoming tunes. To have yet another label showcasing on the station is another massive boost and also provides Chris (Selecta) and Hallsie with a decent way to promote not only the label but also there events in Peterborough.

After a busy summer for myself playing almost every weekend, September is a bit quiet in terms of events for myself. Its given me a chance to not only work on the new website, but also to get a grip on some of the shows on the station that maybe arent putting in the commitment to playing every week. Its never easy to replace a show, but having archives playing when someone is due to be live isnt a good look for the station, and in the last month its reflected on the website stats. With Destructive helping me we are now getting a grip on the situation and progress is being made.

Since my trip to Belarus almost a month ago, its given me such an urge to move over there. The scene in Belarus and Russia is big, and from my visit it was quite obvious that they liked the jump up style of DnB that I generally play. Its a bit different to the darker flows that most of the other russian DJs played at the festival over there, and yes I was worried before my set that I may clear an entire field of 3000 people with something they werent used to hearing. From the response I got not only during my set, but also after when I came down from the DJ stage I could tell it was a refreshing change for most of the people there. Im going back there at the end of october (well to Ukraine) to finally get to the Chernobyl exclusion zone as my visa didnt cover it last time, and it would be good to play in Kiev while im there so Ive approached some DJs in the area to see if there is anything I may be able to get involved with.

Then who knows what happens... I would love to help extend the DnB scene in Belarus alongside Red Catz, so after some advice from them, ive approached a couple of universities about teaching advanced english to students over there. The responses ive had are looking good so far, and even though I have no previous teaching experience, they seem keen to have another native english speaker. It really doesnt matter where I am based in order to continue my role as co-owner of KRISISDnB, plus it really does give me a very different view of how to make the station more internationally friendly, not only in attracting more international shows, but also how we can make the site an appealing option to our international listeners.

It could be an interesting end to 2009 and who knows where I will be at the end of the year.


more later....

No comments:

Post a Comment